how many doorhangers per hour

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jcs Lawn and Landscape, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

Today was the first day i went out and passed out doorhangers. I only got out 93 doorhangers to houses and this took me 2 hours and 30 minutes. I thought that was preety slow. How many doorhangers do you get out per hour and do you walk to each house or drive to every driveway. I can tell you that its gunna take me a very long time to get the rest of those doorhangers out at the rate its going.

2. italialawns

italialawns LawnSite Member

i get about 100-120 per hour, you need to improve your walking skills!!!!

3. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

Does anyone walk across people's lawns? Personally I try to only walk on sidewalks and driveways....I try to be respectful of their lawn. Am I being an id**t. Alot of the times it would save so much time not to have to walk all the way down the sidewalk, back down the driveway, when I could have just cut across and take 10 seconds. Just wondering...

Ron

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Tonight I put out 150/hr walking accross lawns. I won't be doing that anymore...I'll deffinitely spend a little more time putting the hangers out and walking on sidewalks & driveways. MUCH more respectful to the homeowner!

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

250 flyers an hour driving and throwing them in newspaper boxes!

6. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

most people will never even se you when u cut cross the grass everyone else does it when passing out flyers

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Really it depends upon how far apart the houses are in the areas he is targeting. I know in the past when we have advertised like this, it went quick when we were hitting those "postage stamp" types of lawns where the houses are close together. But get in an area where the houses are spread far apart and man, it seemed to take forever to get a measly 50 laid out.

8. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

yea see thats how it is where i am no houses really close together a good couple hundred of feet or more between each one

9. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Just remember, someone is watching. The neighbors might see you walking on the lawns, and might look at it as being lazy, and disrespectful. I personally walk only on side walks. I usually get someone to go out with me, so that we both can go through the neighbor in less then a hour. We keep in touch with nextels when someone wants to sign up on the spots. I think about 500 flyers in a day should be a good goal. Depending on your area, you could get anywhere from 1-10% of what you put out. Its a numbers game, so make sure you play it right. I usually spend Monday-Thursday passing out flyers, at least 2000 between the four days, and Fridays late afternoons and all day Saturday knocking on doors I put flyers on. But anywhere around 100 a hour is good. I just keep in mind, while I pass out just a few flyers, there is someone passing out flyers like crazy so it keeps me out all day long.

10. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

walking through yards on postal size lots gets me about 6,000 flyers in a 8 hour day with one helper, I dont think walking through the yards will really hurt the laws at all, If I was servicing the lawn I would do more walking on the lawn as compared to the 5 - 6 seconds it takes to walking through to put out the flyer