1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many employees do you have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Dec 20, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you who have employees working for you, how many do you have?
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Just my wife and I
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

During the spring and summer we'll employ about 15-17 employees. Probably more in 2007. Right now, in the dead of winter, we have 9 of us still working.
  4. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

Same as Flex-Deck, just my bride and myself.
  5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

We have 10 right now and but several of our college students will be back around the 10th on january so we will be back to 14. During the summer we get up to 20 or so full timers, we have a fairly high turn over rate in this type of work.
  6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Down to 5 employees in the field and one full time subcontractor doing a route. Over the summer it was 10 in the field and the subcontractor.
  7. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

We have myself, my wife(does the books), one fulltime in the summer, and 4 part timers in the summer
  8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Me and two helpers that I rotate. Growing though. By the end of '07, I plan on having Me and a helper on one Crew and another 2 Person Crew running seperate.
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

ME, myself, my shadow, & I. Did I mention myself?

All aside - from mid march to dec of this year at least (no snow) we kept about 4-5 people busy. Now down to me and one other.

Sometimes when people ask me this question - I say half of them! Cuz sometimes it just feels that way. So much to do in little time.
  10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Me and Three.