How many flats on your Velke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well, it happened today. I got home after a hard day of mowing and my Velke tire was flat. Fixed it with a patch kit and then called J. Thomas and ordered a no flat tire. So how many times have you had to walk because of flats?:cool:

2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Not me anymore. I put those solid tires on all my velkes and so far so good.

3. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Sorry to say I have had to walk more than once or twice due to a flat, BUT, not since I went to Zero Flat (jungle Wheel) tires from J-Thomas. They are a little more narrow than the stock ones, but not too bad, I guess.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use slime, the zero flat tires beat me to death.

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Imograss......... Talk about being beat to death, a friend in the 'Boro, has a Stratos boat we go fishing in, and EVERYBODY that rides in the pass. seat says the same thing....... "it's a b@ll Buster"..........and it really is. Never figured it out. Unreal!

6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

You're gonna love the foam tires. I know I do, got sick & flippin tired of the flats.

7. rocksnlawns

rocksnlawns LawnSite Member

SLIME. Greatest invention in the world for a wb scag or any other wb and the velkies

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Tried Slime............the tiny little hole expanded when the tube was inflated and blew the green crap everywhere. I LOVE Slime on tubeless tires. Got a nail in one of my rear and Slimed it and went ahead and did the other for the added protection. But, could not get it to work in the tubed tire.:confused:

9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a single wheele velkie?

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have never had flats on any of my dual wheeled velkies. But I have replaced the bushings LOTS of times.