How many Flyers for Partime work!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FiremanDud, Sep 13, 2005.

1. FiremanDud

FiremanDud LawnSite Member

I need some help I'm going to start my business next week with 3 clients on stand by. I want to get more of course but I don't want to have to turn clients down if I get to much flyers. What do you think would be a good amount of flyers if I plan on servicing 20 clients. Anyone have any idea????
  2. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I am guessing around 2 to 4k fliers if you expect you are going to get a 1 to 2% return.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi FiremanDud,

I wouldn't be concerned with getting too many customers. It would probably be better to try and over shoot your mark than under shoot it.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>
  4. FiremanDud

Good Point but it's a money issue too. Don't want to spend any more than I have too.
  5. FiremanDud

Hey team Gopher when you order the Basic Package do you get a web page too?
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

It's really too tough to say without knowing your target area. Way too many factors involved. I would say spend everything you can. I spent around $3K last spring with 30,000 flyers and only picked up two clients and one of those turned out to be a major PITA! I had my inserted into neighborhood newsletters and believe that's where it turned out to be a flop. Shoot, I am not real sure they were all really inserted. Actually, one of the accounts was from a flyer that was stuck in the door. The spring before that I spent $2K on 5,000 postcards and picked up 4 very good accounts. You need to ask yourself, do you have more time or more moeny. If the answer is time, then go with some black on yellow flyers and deliver them yourself. Just me .02 cents