1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how many gallons per hr does your mower get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uncle Mow, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Uncle Mow

Uncle Mow LawnSite Member

I am interested in what the gph most mowers get. I just got a JD X300 and I am sure I get more than 1 gph with the 17Hp kaw. Now don't lie like most people do with their cars. TNX
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark Lazer with 27 Kohler was 1.18 the last time I checked.
    Scag Turf Tiger with 31 Briggs was some where around 1.3 -1.5, I forgot but that's close. That's filling them to the rim and running the tank almost empty so that includes idle time, transport, and full power cutting. Less than one gph for efi/dfi is not that uncommon in a ZTR. 2 gallons per hour is not uncommon for some units. Scag gives 2.2 gph under full load for its carburated ZTR's and 1.6 for it's efi/dfi models but that's test conditions, not real world conditions.
  3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Do you or anyone else know what a 28 Kawasaki air cooled engine on an Exmark Lazer AS would get gph? I heard the air cooled Kawi is a gas guzzler just curious. Emark wants to sell me the Advantage Series do you know anything about them compared to the Z Tacoma?
  4. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I burn about .75-1.00 depending on the load on my JD Z425 with the 23hp B&S vanguard.
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Haven't checked it in a long time, but the 26 EFI Kohler on my 60" Lazer averaged about .9 - .95 gph. The 27 Kohler on the Super Z was about 1.2 gph.
  6. Ned5485

Ned5485 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I am, getting right around 1.5 gph on my 61" Ferris 3100 with the 32 hp Vanguard.
  7. 1.6 GPH for a really light load to as little as 3 GPH for heavy conditions with the 80hp Mitsubishi diesel in the Toro 580-D.
  8. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

About 1.2 for a 25 hp Kohler running a 54" & and 1.4 for a 31 hp Yanmar diesel running a 72"
  9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard Kaws in general drink a little more but I don't have any figures on the 28 Kaw on a Lazer.

The AS series is the old Lazer Z. Smaller fuel tanks, air filled front tires, Ultra Cut instead of Triton, levers between the legs instead of on the tanks, I think the tires may be slightly smaller and less expensive, the most important difference is a different brand of wheel motors I think. They are a little slower on the AS, not sure which one is better. I'm sure there are other differences but they keep updating the AS to where it is almost the same machine as the Lazer which was not true a few years back. When I had an AS 23 hp was all you could get so they have come a long way. The AS is a good machine for the money but I like the tires, tanks and wheel motors on the Lazer better. Just my preference. The AS has hydro gear while the Lazer has parker/ross wheel motors. Go to this page to compare the differences

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm working on that right now with my Kohler 28 EFI. I'm tracking minute by minute useage over a 2 week period. Check back with me next Wednesday evening.