How many have been mowing for over 25 years?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jan 16, 2006.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

How are you holding up these days?

A friend of mine has been a LCO for over 27 years and he is in a lot of pain these days. Just about to have surgery on he foot .

But then again he eats crap, a heavy smoker since 13 and drinks almost every night.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Now...most members here aren't even 25 years old :p

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

yes but they have been cutting since they where 5 commercially:)

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

LMAO.......So true.

6. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

LOL, that's great. I've seen the same thing dozens of time where they're 16 and been commercial for 12 years.

7. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Honestly around here I only know of one guy that has been actually doing the work for 25 or more years. There are several older LCO's but they now manage only.

8. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Started when I was 11(kid cutting lawns for xtra $$)...by the end of high school I started landscaping ....by 22 I was officially a corp. Im 38 now, and feel great. Having employees will save your body. Only damage to my body would be my hearing. I cant stress enough about the importance of wearing hearing protection! Other things to worry about in future is skin cancer!

9. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If you count when i was a kid cutting the neighbors yard for 1.00. I guess about 45 years.
    Too tell the truth full time about 25 years.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Man what a can o' worms this thread will be. :laugh:

To have gotten a real response you should have ask, "WHO HAS BEEN AN ADULT (at least 18 years old or older), REAL LICENSED LCO FOR 25 YEARS OR MORE."

As already said every late twentysomething on here will be posting, "I have, I have", since they were in "business" at age 6.....and think that cutting the next door neighbors yard with daddy's push mower is the same and takes the same toll on the body as cutting 10 lawns a day as an adult with commercial equipment :laugh: :laugh: Watch and see the post. Guarantee you before it's over the majority will be 30-38 year olds saying they have.... which as we said would have put them "cutting" since they were 5-8 years old :laugh: