How many have switched to a stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 16, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How many stander converts do we have. How easy are they to run in comparison and would you go back? Do they track strait? Are you more or less tired at the end of the day? For small property's only or do you use them for larger jobs?

2. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

We demoed one today and what an awesome machine!!! We run 2 walk behinds until today cause tomorrow we will be using a Stander 36 RH. On the yards we used it on we saved so much time that we can add at least one or two more accounts on that route.

3. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I added a 52" great dane stander last year and so far have only been happy, its quicker than a Wb, smaller than a Z and has great visibility. I would say that I at least cut my time in half using a stand on.

4. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i bought a 52/23 this year have about 20 hours on it right now so far so good i like it but for the bigger stuff the suspension seat of the tiger is for me. i have found it to be greay for smaller areas though and real fast compared to a walkbehind or even comparable sized rider

5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Your Great Dane is a Surfer or Super Surfer, I believe. Wright "owns" the name Stander for their stand up or stand on mower.

6. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have a JD 657, and it rocks.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Love my stander!!!..best mower ever!!

8. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Tacoma, still running Shortcut's. There are times I would like to have a regular ZTR so I could have a back rest however I do like my knees and legs taking the punishment rather than my back. I have the option to both sit and stand. I ran the same machine since 99 up to the beginning of season but finally broke out my "new one". I have had one sitting up in my shop for 4 years now and have less than 125 hours on it. The pumps finally gave in on my old one.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

ya, these 657's are nice