How many hours are on your machine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

How many hours do you guys have on your machine(s)? Or what is the most you have had in the past? You get extra credit if you know about how many hours a week you put on them. I just hit 500 on my exmark and have had it for 2 years.

2. txnbygod

txnbygod LawnSite Member

meter reads 0.3 on my gravely prosteer.....i'm thinking of putting a good coat of wax on before i dirty it. lol

but seriously, anyone have thoughts on breaking it in? owners manual says nothing. i've always babied my autos for the first thousand miles or so, but know these engines are designed to work full throttle.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have always for the first 50 to 100 hrs took it easy.

4. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have had my exmark Lazer HP since January and have 248 hours on it. So far so good.

5. b & t lawn care

b & t lawn care LawnSite Member

We have a 335 jd with a 20 hp kawasaki with 1012 hrs in 3 years & had to replace 1 coil . Changed oil & filter every 50 hrs, It just sits now until one of the main mowers ( Chariot Jr. & Walker GHS ) is down.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have a 60 in. TANK with over 400+ hours....... NO PROBLEMS!!

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

SCAG 61" STHM, 2400hrs. and change. Still used 2 days a week. Going on 7 years I think.

8. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: my 60" dixie has 5400 on it and its in it 8th year and works evryday, power washed it last week and a landscape buddy of mine asked when i got the new dixie.:p

my walker which is on its 6th season has 4800 hours on it and that works everyday as well.

most of our machines are in the 2000-3000 hour range, we have very few problems (knock on wood), but we a pretty perticular about maintenance, i quess good maint. pays off.

tony

9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lazer Z 1900+ used once per week and at home 3 acers.
    Lazer Z 800
    GD Gateway 680
    Lazer Zhp 240
    We put 500-600 on the 60" per season and 300+ on the walkbehind per season. The hp is new to me a couple months ago. It will take some of the load off the walkbehind.

10. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

620 hours on my 52 inch Turf Tiger. Currently in its second season.