How Many Hours Do you Get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willjones4, Dec 12, 2007.

1. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

I searched around and couldnt find an answer. Can anyone tell me the "average" hours one would get out of a good brand (Exmark, Scag, Etc) walk behind (Kawisaki engines). I know there are tons of variables, but what would be a good expectation?

2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

1000+ without much spent on repairs, if you take care of it

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy 1000+ if you change oil, air filter, plug etc. Its possible to get somewhere closer to 2000 too.

4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

on my 26 metro exmark i have around 1500 hours on it . it is a little over one year . only have had to do oil changes and blade sharping.. thats it .................

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

one of the dixie choppers has 1400 hours and................we have an 03 exmark where the hour meter broke at 2 springs ago at 1500 some hours so that ones pretty high up there still running

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

rule of thumb is generally 100 hrs per hp. ie. a 25 hp motor should be good to about 2500 hours without any major problem.

7. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

How often doy ou change spark plugs? Cant they just be cleaned up a little with a wire brush to keep the carbon deposits down?

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we used to get at least 2000+ hours on our kawis.. most of the time they didn't make it that far because of operator error...

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

1200 hours without major repair but after that look out here they come. Bearings tranies maybe new engine.

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I had 2600 hrs on a Kohler 15hp command which I sold to a guy to put on a log splitter when I upgraded to the 18hp kohler. It had synthetic in it since new, and I changed it every 250 hrs, when I changed the oil in my yanmar diesel. It never used any oil. Thanks Brad