How many hours Does it take to do a walk???

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

410.6 sq ft of walk
    4''x8'' Holland brick with simple pattern basket weave with a border
    From start to finish
    How many man hours you think?????

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

For who? With what?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DVS Hardscaper

Unfortunately mr Snyder, there is a little
    More costing out a walk than just lookin at square footage.

Straight?

Radiused?

Equipment?

Experience?

Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

he is looking for prep time as well? digging and levelling the land, instlling, leveling, packing base material? Or is he just looking for the time to lay a simple rectangular patio with a basket weave and no few cuts?

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Mostly lay time
    Prep time I know it
    Staight run walk 100' long 3' wide

6. GreenI.A.

maybe i don't have a clue how to do math but a walkway 100x3 is 300 sq feet. How did you get 410.6 sq feet.

7. GreenI.A.

ok I just played with the math and a 3' wide walk with a soldier course 95 feet long is 411.6 sq feet. So I'm assuming thats what your dealing with???

If its all full bricks it should take no longer than the time it takes to pick them up off the pallet and lay them on the ground. If your base is properly prepaired so that you don't need to spend 2 minutes levelling each brick individually. The biggest thing that will add time on is if you have to lug the bricks across the yard of you cant drop the pallets where you need them

8. DVS Hardscaper

A straight walk with no curves is pretty easy.

The walk in the pic below took 5 days to install. It's pretty long, and has a circle kit in it. the 5 days basically was around 130 man hours.

And notice we did a random running pattern. This is where the time comes in. The walk is rather radiused. Every SINGLE paver on the turns IS MITERED. I'm talking THREE STRAIGHT DAYS OF CONTINUOUS CUTTING.

Now had the walk been a modular pattern, the "I" pattern, the parquet pattern, or a herring bone - only the outside perimeter(s) would have needed cut, and it would have installed in much much less time.

[​IMG]

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I just gotta ask why you would choose to do cut each stone. Would it matter if there were 1/4" or 3/8" gaps? Just curious

10. DVS Hardscaper

To each his own :) And being this is the www and you never know who's peekin in, we'll leave it at that :weightlifter: