1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how many hours is too many for exmark.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Landscaping, Jan 29, 2005.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a Exmark Lazer Z, 60", with Kohler 27 HP air cooled engine with 248 hours on it. The unit looked like it was in great shape and operated equally as well. The guy is asking $6,000 for the mower. He had maintenance records and all the appropriate things were done as scheduled. I don't have any previous experience with Exmark. I personally think that 248 hours is not many at all. Would any of you guy's be afraid of this mower with 248 commercial hours on it? Thanks in advance!

2. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

That is not many hours at all. If you take care of it, do maintenance, it should easily run you at least another 1800-2000 hours with no engine trouble
  3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

That machine is barely broken in. Even for commercial its not much at all. I would strongly suggest giving it a good long test run before purchasing.
  4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay folks, here it goes.
    Took the day off yesterday to look at equipment, drove over to a company called C&M, walked in and started looking around, counter guys were just watching me, kinda mad dogging, anyway walked around for awhile, walked over to the counter to ask for help, everyone got busy...waited for a few more minutes, nothing...still nothing, guy stays on the phone, others split to the back...what gives? I had the Dockers on with the new leather coat, so I knew it wasn't the apperance, anyway got pissed ad walked out.

Drove further down the road to a place I heard about, Landscapers Supply, freaked out when I pulled up and saw the awesome display of riders, trimmers, blowers, etc..
    The guy at the counter met me half way into the store, put his hand out, the whole nine yards. His name was Travis, this guy took the time to show me everything in that place, everything had a home. This business has been around for about 11 months and looks lke it will be here for a long time with that kind of attention to customer service.

That was all I needed to make my desicion on where to spend my $$, next week will pick a Toro 36, blower, and trimmer!

Just shows what a great attitude will get you!
  5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

The way this is a double word for word post from another thread makes this poster seem suspicious.. other dealers will know what i mean.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say that mower is still very much in its infancy. Just make sure its a solid machine and is worth paying that much for, rather than just buying new.