1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Many Hours on Mowers Per Season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Take all your Daily or Frequently Used Mowers Divide by 14 Add 6 Subtract 12 then Please Post the Average number of Hours you Put on All your Mowers Per Season..

Thank You.
  2. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

I put on a total of 1500 hours per worker.
  3. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

"Add 6 Subtract 12" ... Why not just subtract 6?
  4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yea WTF. go easy on the beers freeway.;)
  5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

1500 per worker sounds high...how many weeks mowing....I'm guessing around 800 max...
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

No way you could put 1500 hours on a mower / year. Especially in Neenah, if that's Neenah WI??
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

2 mowers used daily/14=.1429+6-12=-5.8571. Is there a formula here that is missing something?
    But with my exmark this year i would say it will have 700-750 by the end of the year. Last year with the great dane i would guess it was close to double that (no hour meter). I had one more employee last year that this year and doing more business this year.
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I bought my machine new on May 22nd had .2 hrs on it. Now it has 100 hrs. on it. About 10 hrs a week. The walk behind and 21" combined get 2 hrs of usage a week, so say 12 hrs a week put on the mowers. Thats 420 hrs a season over 35 weeks of use (our mowing season starts about first of April and last year i was doing leaf cleanups up till 2 days before Thanksgiving.). We haven't skipped any weeks this year due to all the rain. Also in the fall, with the leaves, the machines will get more hours put on them and the spring time too with higher growth and everything. I'd say 400-450 is a good approximation for me per year. I'm only doing this part time (still in high school) about 3 days a week myself.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Last year I cut about 1700 lawns. Average probably 20 minutes of mowing per lawn, so 1700 times .33 (hours)= 561 hours
  10. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is one month shy of its first b/day and just tripped 300 hrs. For the past two months its been a constant 10 hrs /wk except last week I put just under 12 on it.