How many hours on your hydro walk

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redoak77, Jun 13, 2006.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this topic has been hit 100 times but i can't find it in the seach. Anyways, how many hours do you have on your hydro walk-behind?

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:weightlifter: i have 4- 61" bobcat hydro walk behinds and 2 of them have well over 7000 hours on them, theyll last forever if you change the oil every 500 hours. ive only changed on wheel motor in 10 years and that was this winter. tony

3. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you should change the oil every 100hrs? I have about 400 hrs on mine and change the oil 4 times.

4. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

General: do yo mean change the hydro oil every 500 hours? lol

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

I change the oil and filter at the first 500 hours and there after only the filter once a year.This is what the manufactuer says to do sooo I follow their recomendations.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Change the filter once every year:confused: You have got to be kidding me!!!! It should be changed every time the oil is.

PLUS the oil should be changed before 100 hrs. I would say around every 60-70

7. Steppenwolf

We are talking about the hydro drive system,not the engine oil.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I got ya. Sorry!!:dizzy:

9. Steppenwolf

Sometimes it is easy to miss read some of these posts and say that guy is full of tihs.Been there, done that,got the t shirt.

10. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a whoping 99.7 hr.s on mine haha... I change the engine oil and filter about every 50 hrs. (you can never do it enough) and the hydro oil and filter once a year....