How many hours showing on a new ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigz1001, Dec 8, 2004.

1. bigz1001

bigz1001 LawnSite Member

What is an acceptable number of hours to be showing on an hour meter for a new ZTR? What is an unreasonable amount for a "brand new" one? Thanks.

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Not really sure what you are trying to say.

IMO a new machine has ZERO hours on it. Or should I say less than and hour for breakin/testing purposes.

3. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

Bought one new this year with less than 2 on it...

4. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

Mine had .1 on it.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

mine had .3 on it and that was because i tested that particular machine for a few minutes before i loaded it up.

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

They need to start them to move them right? Because isn't it really hard to push a hydro, or impossible?

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not only hard but bad for the pumps. There is a correct way to move hydros though.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I know what you are talking about. I have been looking for a 52" Z and all the ones that they want to get rid of have a min of 25 hours on them. I was ready to buy one ( had 45 hours on it) He wanted only 100 less than new. To me that is ridiculous. Guess what... He still owns it.
    I won't buy one that has less than 4 hours on it period unless they are giving me a hell of a deal.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Mine had .1 on it also. Hydros can be pushed easily with the flip of a switch. If they are moving it from one side of the showroom to the other, it should be pushed. If they have them outside or something, I could see cranking them each time to move them in/out.

25 hours on a machine is used. At least get a demo price.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

IF A MACHINE HAS NEVER LEFT THE DEALERSHIP, IT IS NOT USED. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT.. A machine still comes with the full factory warranty, no matter how many hours it has on it when it leaves the dealer. I guess you all go and look for trucks with absolute 0 miles on the odometer too huh?

Also, I would like to see you all push a close to 1500lb machine around and turn and manuver it frequently.