how many hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Apr 13, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i was just wondering if i'm the only guy working about 9 hours a day?? this week i did have some rain in the morning but by 1 i was cutting then i put a hour in the garage each day the clean the mowers and stuff like that. i know i said in the past that i would have workers with me but i'm finding out that i can handle 4 to 5 days a week solo, only down side is to many people are asking for landscape bids already, this isn't what i'm used to (i love it ) because people never asked this early, can't wait till my garden center gets mulch in then some days will be 12 to 15 hour days. man i can't wait for them..

any of you other guys have no life like me and work all the time?

2. ProScapeOM

ProScapeOM LawnSite Member

Heck no. Things are kickin down here. I am working 10 and 11 hrs a day. I left the house at 7:30 this morning and got home at 7:00pm tonight. It's that time of year.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I worked 13 hours today..... this was my first day of mowing! I have been solo for the most part since I started 8 years ago... I am finally at the point Either I hire one guy to work full time with me or I work straight through the night to get all my work done!! Everybody wants there yard muched and they new landscaping installed all at once!

4. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

My partner and I have beenputting in on average about 12 hours per day Mon-fri. Last monday we rolled in @ 8:30. People out here are getting concerned about thier turf. Everything is greening up big time.

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry but I feel if your working 10-12 hr days, you are way over loaded. I rarely work over 8 hrs a day and most days, less. It's too hot and life is too short to kill yourself. If you can't make it working a NORMAL day, something is wrong.

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

no its not that i can't make it, i will make more money this summer than both my parents combined, and i' only 18. i just don't want to be out here when i'm 50, i don't think any of us guys are complaining , i started this thread and i was just wondering if any guys worked as much as i do.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been putting in 12 to 13hrs in the last two weeks. Marks Mowing Service

8. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my workers comp policy a few days ago and paychex is going to handle payroll. Having a helper or two sure makes since to me. Someday I am going to let them run things and I will be doing other intrests.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I worked a 14 and a half yesterday, had an easy 10 hour day today. How can we justify easy hours in the winter- 20-30, if we dont work 50,60 in the spring. it'll level out in July. Dave g

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

We've left at first light and got home after dark a few times. Love working, but can't wait for a normal week.