How many houses per day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACutAbovesiny, Jul 14, 2007.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

I know there are many factors at play here but I'm curious to know how many clippings others are getting per day?

This is only our third season so our route is not as tight as I would like. For the most part the lots are about the same size as each other. It's rare to fine a house around here sitting on a 1/4 acre and almost impossible to see one on a 1/2 acre. Most lots are 40 X 100, 50 X 100, 60 X 100, and 100 X 100.

So far we have never been able to get more than 30 done in one day. If I had less travel time I'm sure we could get that up.

How about you guys??

2. ACutAbovesiny

I would like to add that we are only a 2 man crew...for now.

3. BMLS

BMLS LawnSite Member

2 man crew we have 70 accounts ranging from 1/4 acre to a 5 acre warehouse. On the average we are cutting 1 acre lots. But as I say, it's not how many accounts youhave, it's how much money those accounts bring in.

4. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

our lots are pretty much the same as you posted, we do about 4 an hour, first season for us

5. ACutAbovesiny

Oh I agree with that. I am more or less rating efficiency.

6. ACutAbovesiny

Are they all close to eachother? My first year we had houses that spanned 5 mile radius. It was horrible. We would spend as much time in the truck as out of it.

7. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most are close yes, somedays I spend all day in 1 subdivision... so when theres 3 or 4 homes pretty much together it takes us about 10 minutes max per home 2 guys 1 of every tool

8. ACutAbovesiny

It is such a treat to have them close. Right now we have 3 blocks with 4 or more houses. I know its not much but it beats the other ones that we have to travel to just mow one or two.

9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Cutabove, I have a three man mowing crew that does anywhere from 20-30 properties a day. The properties are bigger out here, I would say about a third are small quarter acres and the rest are half to one acres.. I tightened my route up a few years ago, we only travel a few miles from our yard every day. I also have several stops where we are doing 2 or 3 on the same street.

10. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Average is 25-30 mile daily drive and 4-5 .. maybe 6 yards. Shortest visit is around 30 minutes, longest about 4 hours. Solo.