1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many Hrs before changing to Mobil 1 ?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dry Dock, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Dry Dock

Dry Dock Guest

Any one know how many brake in hrs you should have on a new engine before changing over to Mobil 1 or any synthetic oil???? (Thanks for your answers in advance)
  2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I have started right away but this is not too good and doesent give enough time to break it in. My suggestion and i am not an expert ould be 125 hours ar least and use the 10w30 or 15w40 weight oils for kohlers from what i hear. My 19 kawasaki started off with mobil1 on the second oil change and i could not wait but if you have a kohler maybe you can start off with like the third oil change and it should be fine. Many sports cars come with mobil1 in the engine and a case of it in the trunk like porche, corvette and exmark 911 turbo. hehehe
  3. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Run 200 hours of good standard oil.<br>Then at 200 switch to mobile1 10w-30<p>----------<br>-Grasscape Mgmt.<br>Http://sites.netscape.net/grasscapeinc/homepage
  4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with grasscape. I did a lot of reading and talked to the Koher and Exmark people. Run straight 30 weight for 200hrs.l THen run 10w30 Mobil one. Mobil one is the best.
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I switched to Mobil 1 at about 50 hours on my 25 Kohler. I honestly don't think it matters, but if you feel better change it to synthetic after a couple hundred.<p>BTW, you guys need to check your local Wal-Marts. About two months ago, ours had the 5 quart value jug of Mobil 1 for $14.97. Three bucks a quart is a pretty good deal. I bought about 10 of them and wish I had bought more. But I had heard of Wal-Mart selling them last year in other places, our store just got them this year and now they are gone.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Im sorry but the kmart near here has some of the biggest retards working there. Ive never once boughten something there and paid what it was marked (haha). Last week I ran in to get a bottle of roundup (i was in a rush) wich was $20 a quart. When i got up to the register they insisted that they are bye one get one free and i should go grab another one. I could harldy keep my self from laughing in her face but i walked back and grabbed another one. I got 40 dollars worth of roundup for 20 bucks.... i dont think they have 20 dollar products marked bye one get one free.... ;) A couple of months a go my mom mentioned to be that she went there to get carpet cleaning solution for a carpet machine and on a 15 dollar bottle they charge her 5 bucks. They really need to hire some smarter staff... i cant amagine how much money there loosing daily. your post judt reminded me.... sorry to ramble