How many in an hour?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Oct 16, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have a local paper company do 500 sheets for $21.00.

The time for me though is about 25-30 in an hour.

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I should look into that. It would be well worth it. I use a sliding perferator and it can only do a couple sheets as well.

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Why do you print 2 copies??? Cant you store one for yourself on the computer???

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

scott's & walker talker, where did you guys get your perferators? I've looked for them (and I think I even posted here looking for them), but I can't seem to find one?

Thanks.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I used to do the same thing of printing two copies until I realized how much ink, paper, and time I was wasting. Now I just backup everything with a zip. Saves me a lot of money

6. tiedeman

from earth

I used to do the same thing of printing two copies until I realized how much ink, paper, and time I was wasting. Now I just backup everything with a zip. Saves me a lot of money

7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Everything is backed up on a zip too. I guess I am just old fashioned. I keep one copy on my desk and when a payment comes in I staple the coupon to the copy and file it. This way I always have a visual on invoices that I haven't recieved much. Paper I get for a "cheap" and my laser printer seems to go forever before I need a new toner cartrigde. I usually only replace it once every 2 years. I only print about 120 pages per month.

The perferator is from psiskers (sp?) and it was around $50 I think. I got it a long time ago so I may be wrong on the price.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yeah, it's "Fiskars" and I think I paid around $35. That comes with rotary paper trimmer, then the perferator was around another $10. Here's a link
    http://crafts.fiskars.com/projects/show_product.html?prod=9583-7797

If you are sure you want to do this and think you will have a lot to do....I would not recommend this model....I would look into a commercial type perforator.

MATT

9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I would say it takes me about an hour to get 30 to 40 invoices ready to go. I use Quickbooks Pro.

I figured out my cost to send someone an invoice with a return envelope. It's roughly $.50.

I figure it takes me 20 minutes at the end of the day to enter my statement charges and enter my receipts.

There is a real cost in both time and materials to bill someone professionally.

Oh. And my number one complaint this year has been customers calling me to question sales tax on mowing charges.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think most states do not require sales tax on mowing. I have a few ask from time to time on other services, but never mowing. On goods installed....i.e. seed, I pay sales tax at the time of purchase and include this in the bid price....it's called "streamline bookeeping"

MATT