How Many In One Day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

What is the average number of lawns you guys/gals cut in one day. I want to expand BIG next year and don't want to bite off more than I can chew, if you know what I mean. I know that the equipment you use has alot to do with it. I'll be running a Walker MT-54 and working by myself. I want to stay the Owner/Operator then I know I will not have any complaints on thier lawn not being done to perfection the way they are used to having to done. I have not been pushed this year since I bought my Walker so I don't know how many I can get done. The most I ever got done with my 21" Toro Commerical was 6 lawns, about 75,000 sq. ft. for a day, and let me tell you my ass was dragging BIG TIME. Well thanks for your comments. Mowman
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I cut, trimmed, edged and blew-off about 125k sq ft. by myself in 8 1/2 hours today. Most of that (75%) was cut with my Exmark 36 and the rest with my GRAVEly 50". On Fridays I cut around 140k to 150k. I look forward to purchasing a ZTR next year.
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

18 large homes. about 540,000 60"ZTR 48" belt
    Mow, trim, blow 9 hours...alone
    Ask Lazer about his biggest day
  4. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

This depends all on the routing, size of lawn, and of course everything running smoothly. As one man with the equip you listed I could cut 15 yards in my neck of the woods in one 10hr day. On the other hand I can out trim, out mow, and out blow anyone of my employees, guess thats why I'm the boss.
  5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

45 in one 14 hour day was my best run, but on an average day with a 2 man crew (including myself) i ussually cut about 22-28 depending on proximaty, size and what mowers i can fit where. most of the yards are between 6000-30,000 sq ft.
    60 inch Dixie
    48 lesco hydro
    36 lesco hydro
    32 lesco gear
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I think it would really help you if you got an employee that would do the trimming. It cuts your time in half and you are having fun driving a ZTR around all day.

7. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I go to school in the day and mow yards a couple evenings a week. I usuall arrive at my first yard about 4pm and me and my friend can knock out 7-8 yards by dark. I could do more but i have to drive a lot between yards. I have a few that are very close but most of them are a good piece apart.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

By myself=10-14 per day.
    With help=20-25

Best week this year=85 yards in 42 hrs
    We do around 40 weekly in 24 hrs. Great on labor cost.

9. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

You guys have some small yards! our smallest is 20,000, and go up to 8 acres.
  10. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Half of my lawns are 30k sqft or more, the rest are around 8k to 18k. I can do 10-12 before I want to jump off a building. With help we can do 16 in a day and not be too tired to shower. However, 1/3 to 1/2 of what I cut is yards that have grass from knee to shoulder height. It gets pretty time consuming to do these. The day I demo'd the Husky 48 ZT rider, we did 18 in less than 8 hrs. My helper was tired, but I was good to go. A lot will depend on what equipment you use. You should allow time for repairs, time to check your work, quoting new jobs, and RAIN!.