1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many key strokes in 3000 posts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have no idea, but I did wear out one keyboard and working on another one. :)

I hope some of you have learned something from me, I know I sure have learned a lot here myself. It looks like my posting will slow down in the near future since it looks like later this next week we will be starting the long summer grind. We are starting to mow Thursday which will be 2 weeks later than last season.
    Good Luck this summer and be safe. :)
  2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

2 weeks, yep us too. This is a great place to be!
  3. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

3000 posts is way to many strokes to count or you could say wish I had a dollar for everytime I had a post. How many post is that a year? Keep up the good work.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Congratulations on your milestone Eric. I'm sure all of us will be posting a lot less as the warm weather breaks through. I guess the only one with some free time comming up will be Southside. His seasons are opposite ours.
  5. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, we will be getting busy this week, as well, Eric, but I believe I'll still have time for at least one daily visit to the forum. I'm enjoying this community of friends I've never met :)
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Eric congratulations on your accomplishment.;)

As far as the number of strokes it takes I will let you know in June or July -LOL.

I have learned much and hope that we all grow together as friends and foes alike.

7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats ERIC I for one have learned and enjoied your post.

Do you remember when this all started? Weve reminised a couple of times, or I'd forgotten for sure.

You know here it is your 3000 and I am just now getting my "senior member" designation, and I remember when YOU came on the old hall of forums! I think I'd been there about a week.

Oh well, again a GREAT BIG THANKS for all you do to advance our industry.

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I bet your typing with nubs now!

Woops, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Still looking for the finger.................
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I think you are thinking of the Lawnicure days when I joined, then the Hall of Forums. Back then you could read a whole weeks worth of posts in no time and we thought that was BIG time. :)

If you get a few hours behind now, it takes forever to catch up. We have had as many as 700 plus posts in a day.

We did narrow it down to the new software we are using now was started December 21, 1999 and then in January 2000, Chuck announced that he was changing the Domain name from Hall of Forums to Lawnsite.com since he thought it would be easier to remember. I remember chatting with him on AOL back in January, the day he got it and he said, "I can't believe that Lawnsite.com was available as a Domain name." :)

At this point, we had about 200 members, look at us now. :D
  10. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I couldnt remember what it was called befor hallofforums.

Too long ago, besides I've got this new illness the Doc called C.R.S. (can't remember squat) for lack of a better word.

I didnt get much of a chance right at the start. I'd work all day and go to my house that I was remodeling at night. working till midnight or longer, then starting over the next day. Boy an I glad we moved in I dont have the 15 min drive to fall asleep.

but again Thanks for all you and Chuck have done to help us all out.