how many lawn accounts do you guys have....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sjw1176, Nov 17, 2005.

1. sjw1176

sjw1176 LawnSite Member
    from ny

just curious how many lawn accounts you guys have. this year we have 150 and its getting crazy, next year we are expanding 2 full time crews.

thanks,

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'm shooting for close to 100 next year, probably less but thats the number im shooting for. I have 60/ solo right now and im looking to hire 1 full time employee.:cool:

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

wow 60 and i thought i had a heavy single load at 40

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

j/k :p maybe next year.

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I have 43 and do have a full schedule. I know a local guy who has 90 accounts and is operating solo. 80 of his accounts are within a 5 mile radius of his house. The other 10 are less than 15 minutes away, and are all in another subdivision. He has what most would consider a perfect route. Another thing that helps (time wise) is that he isn't very picky about the trimming. One other thing...no gated properties. If he can't mow the entire yard with his Dixie Chopper he won't touch it. And I thought I was kickin' butt cutting 14 lawns a day....not.

6. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

About 85-90 weekly lawn accounts

7. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Im solo and do about 80 a week. Its tuff, but I love the money when its all going to me (after expenses,taxes of course) . What sucks is, I want to hire someone to work with me full time, but in order for me to make a good profit off an employee, I would need to add at least 40 more accounts and that might be tuff for 2 guys to do 120 in a week.

Lasher

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

not enough! :)

9. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

We do all of our residentials with one four man crew. There are right at 165 homes on the route. About 20 are biweekly and about 60 of those are small yards. They work hard to get it all done. We pull out the ztr only for about 5-10 of those accounts and hardly use the 36. Luckily, we dont get too many rain days, only 3 this season here in TX

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm solo and have about 35 accounts but some are full service, so I have about all I want for now.