How many lawns a day?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HydroCutter, Jun 20, 2006.

1. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

Realistically, how many clients can a 2 man crew serve per day? My business plan calls for having 60 clients by the end of next year, I am not sure how realistic that is.

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

That's too general of a question. What size properties are they? How close are the properties? How much driving time is there between properties? What kind of equipment are you servicing these lawns with? How fast does the guy working with you actually work? How many breaks are taken, if any?
  3. HydroCutter

All good points. I'd say average lot size in my area is 50x100. Some bigger. I plan on using a 36-42" W/B. I live in a densely populated area and my client base will most likely be w/i a 10 mile radius. I should have also mentioned that I work a full time job 2 days a week and will only have 4-5 days a week to cut, if I work on Sundays.
  4. K&ALandscaping

K&ALandscaping LawnSite Member

Depending on how long of a day you are willing to or able to, 60 clients a week could be very possible. The important thing to remember is to give yourself days to do maintenance on equipment and to get caught up due to inclement weather. Nothing worse than having to squeeze in 2 days of customers into a full schedule.
  5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

my personal record is 18, but my service area is mostly rural and the lots range from 1/2 acre to 2 acres or so. the 18 yard day begins at 4:30 am and i usually arrive home about 20:30 or so. no lunch break per say, just eat as i drive.
  6. HydroCutter

Do you actually start your equipment at 0430? The earliest we can legally start would be 8am. When you say 18 a day, is that by yourself or w/ help?
  7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

leave the house @ 4:30, start cutting 2 commercial props at 5:00, continue on through the day. there is a guy who helps me that day. i'm usually pretty wiped out by the end of the day, but my kids whine if they don't eat every few days :)
  8. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

ahahaha good one:laugh:
  9. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

the most ive done in one day with a helper, was 21 lawns, thats mostly one acre lawns and under...
  10. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I do 8-14 lawns a day spread out like you by myself without really streching all my energy. 60 is possible with one person, I do about 44 myself right now 4-4.5 days a week. I am looking into a helper next year minimum 80 accounts though.