How many lawns a week can you mow being solo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by googles, Mar 6, 2007.

1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious on what you solo guys can do in one week. how many houses do you have? how many per day and how many days a week do you mow? I am thinking in the next to years to maybe go solo and have NO HEADACHES. I am just sick of it :cry:
  2. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

im in south jersey. if im doing houses in beach towns i can do 25-35 in one day working 8-10 hours nonstop. last year i did this 2 days a week.

so 50-60 yards a week in 2 10 hour days, grossed about $50k for the year. this year looking to add a 3rd full day to gross $75k. maximum capacity for myself would be 100 properties being completed in 4 long days, allowing for one rain day or add on landscaping services. obviously if you have larger properties, the count goes down.
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm outside philly. Doing average sized properties "levittowners", you can easiy get 25-30 done if your running a tight or semi tight route.

It's going to to depend on how tight your route is and wether your just mow and go or doing full service coverage. I have tried to keep my route semi tight, but I leave 2 weekdays open for landscaping or other work or to use as a rain/make-up day.
  4. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

what would you guys guess your size properties are? like 100x100 or bigger. thats a lot of lawns in one day. i have small properties too but not that small haha. i think i can do if i was solo and drop a lot of houses that are not connected maybe 20 a day but not sure.
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 14, Mon - Thurs. Depends on the route/schedule and the size of the property.
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Your question has too many variables, hence an ambiguous question.

I feel I have had a very successful day if I can cross off eight. Other days are good for seven. But, that is my situation, with my equipment, etc. I try to work at least 60-65 hours/wk, six days. I allocate 1:15 to 1:30 per property.

But, this information does you no good. It sounds like you have been running multiple people. So you know what X number of workers can do, and you should be able to make reasonable estimates if you were working yourself. Do you keep time records for each job? If not, then keeping a log might help you make estimates for a solo operation.