How many lawns can a crew do in a day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I ve seen posts on here about how many lawns a solo guy can do in a day( i think one guy said he did 16 10,000 sq ft lawns in a day), but I was wondering what can you expect out of a three man crew. How many average size lawns (10,000 or less) can you expect a three man crew in a day. I m talking bout a tight route with little drive time. What is the most a three man crew of yours has done in a day?
    EHO

2. Green Edge

Green Edge LawnSite Member

Getting 15 is easy, but if the route is tight enough you can get around 20

3. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

what kind of equipment do you have?

10k sqft lawn? if you have two riders and a WB lets say a 3 man crew they could probably do 35 in a day easily depeneding on how they are motivated. a 10K lawn isnt that big. Thats roughly a 1/3 of an acre right?

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

My smaller crew last year was a 2 man crew it was doing 35-44 of the (10,000 or less) size a day. My record for a 3 man crew is 54 lawns in a day. Since I have been on my own though I target much larger lawns so those numbers are not going to happen.

5. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

I knock out 15-18, 1-1.5 acre lawns in a day and thats with (1) 72 inch lazer z and a 48" bobcat. Heck of a three man crew. Rider starts cutting WB starts Cutting other guy starts weed wacking, rider ushally finishes first and that guy starts blowing. By the time the WB guy is back and loads his machine the lawn is done and the truck is ready to be put in D. Average time to cut a 1 acre is about 25-35 mins

6. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I used to cut 250 3,000 sq. ft. lawns in a day with a 6 man crew all in the same neighbor hood of course

7. LK05

LK05 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

you're kidding right?

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope I do not kid about my work one thing I will point out I do not know what an 8 hour day is. 10-12 is our norm and obviously I get some serious production out of my time.

9. LK05

LK05 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

Even with a 12 hour day that's a lawn every 18 minutes or so then factor in travel time. I'm not disputing you I just have never seen that done. You must have a lot of them grouped together right? What type of equipment are you using?

10. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

i can only do about 7-9 a day