1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many lawns could a One Man company do in a day working 9-10 hours

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jamze7417, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jamze7417

jamze7417 LawnSite Member

I'm wondering what you think a one man crew can do per day for lawn. Probably about 65x110 lots. You can only get about 70$ per month down here, so im trying to think how succesfull i could be.

Also are there any one man comapnies out there who would be willing to give me some insight on how many lawns you have, what your charging, how long it takes you, what you do per day, and what your bringing in per week/month? If so I would greatly appreciate it. Im trying to get started. PM me if you want. Thanks so much guys
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a very tight route,with no fences and just trimming of flower beds and sidewalk's. With a Mid size ZTR I'd think you could easily do 20-25 a day. I'd hire 1 guy to trim and blow maybe you could knock off 30-40 ??
  3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I only do this part-time which includes after work and on the wknds. Usually Sat. only. I'm doing it solo as well. I pull in about 700/week from mowing. I try to limit the residentals and stick with the larger properties, 1 acre+. I charge $75/acre, but if its 6'' or more its $100 acre because its harder on the equipment. On the residentals, I won't even touch them for less then $35 for small. Hope this helps....
  4. jamze7417

How many lawns are you doing a week to make 700+ Also when you have a residential account do you cut it 2x or 4x a month. Cuz down here some people charge 70 for 4 cuts a month, that doesnt even seem profitable to me. Whats your breakdown, how many residentials and how many commercials, and whats your avarage price for a res and commercial (monthly). also how many hours a day do you work and how many do you thnk you could do in one day ?
  5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Depend on the size of the lot, obstacles in the yard, fence, driveway, sidewalk. Small duplex town homes I can knock out two of them in about 18 minutes and its $25 per house here. Up here I won't lower the gate for less then $30-35. Most of my accounts are 10 day (3 cuts per month) for $100.
    Most of my lots are 1/4-1/2 acre with a good amount of trimming and I can usually do them in 35-45 minutes depending on how much edging there is. Yesterday I did 14 but it was a 11 hour day.
  6. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I have about 45 customers that I mow and 75 that I do fert for. I can mow somewhere between 8-11 yards per day. I usually bring in between $1500-$1800 per week. It all depends on your area and how tight your route is.
  7. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

I mow 12-13 hours per weeks with a helper. We do between 23-28 residential lawns. Making about 700-850.

All lawns are 1/4 acre lots.
  8. All_Toro_4ME

I have about 30 accounts total. Most of them are weekly, others are bi-weekly. Also about 6 large properties ranging from 1 acre to 6 acres. Work less then 3 hours a day after I get off my day job through the week. On the weekends, its about double. As others have mentioned, it truly depends on how tight your route is, your equipment (Z mower vs 21" walk behind) if the backyards are accessible with the Z mower through the gate, and how much trimming needs to be done. If you are using a 36" walk behind or larger, consider a sulky, if you don't already have one. It really speeds things up. Hope this helps....:drinkup:
  9. jamze7417

Yeah i have a 48" Z walk behind and a 21 inch. How much do you charge a house for a 4 cuts in a month vs 2 cuts on average. Your helping me out a lot i really appreciate it.
  10. All_Toro_4ME

Minimum $35.00 charge. There is an exception. If the yard is a postage stamp and there are at least 2 accounts in that area of that size that take about 5 minutes to cut, then I'll go $30.00. Im usually in and out in 20minutes or less per yard. If the yards are really small, you might consider setting a minimum price if you feel you can get it done in x minutes. To justify it, include an additional service like trimming the hedges or blowing the junk out of the flower beds so the customer feels it is a high value service. JMO.:walking: