How many lawns do you cut per day, and how long does the day take you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Four Star, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

I just purchased my new Exmark mower, and I'm taking it out tomorrow, so I'll give you my numbers tomorrow, if you're interested.
  2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I only cut 2 days right now. I usually cut 15-17 lawns in about 10-11 hrs each day. I use a lazer hp 52"
  3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

28 lawns in 4 days... 6 tues, 9 wed, 7 thur, 6 fri.. 35-40 hours

average lawn.. 1 acre
  4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Cut 43 lawns in about 20 hrs. over 4 days - Tues - 11/ 5 hrs, Wed - 10/ 4 hrs, Thur - 11/ 5 1/2 hrs, Fri - 11/ 4 hrs. Now that does not include maintenance time, blade changes, stopping for Gas, etc. so add another 3 hrs or so a week. Average size is 1/4 acre with two man crew and the equipment listed below.
  5. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

mon-fri 7:30-4:00 .. average around 14 houses a day.. average house is 1/10 acre and i'm solo using a 21" honda
  6. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Did it all my man. Solo, two man crew, 3 man 4 man. When I did it solo I found about 7 lawns a day worked for me. With a two man crew 15 lawn per day. 3 man crew 20 lawns per day. 4 man 25-30 per day. This was based on a 5 day week. But it all depends on lawn size/ mower size. If the land is flat and open thats the best. Hilly takes longer and gated depends on the opening. If its a double gate you can put a rider on it. Single gate a 48 if its big. For a smaller gate a 36. I try to pick up lawns that I can run a 48 on the whole area. But if I had it my way I would only do open flat lawns. You can put a rider on it and clean ups are easy.
    I run only two man crews now. When I had bigger crews I always found someone standing around. When we get on the Big Boys then I send another crew to help. The only time we run a bigger crew is if a truck is down and for fall clean ups.
    Good Luck with your new mower. Happy Stripping!!
  7. We run two trunks with two of us in each truck two ztrs and a 36 inch walkbehind on each trailer and a 21 inch mower .
    The routes are tight we do 25 each truck and trailer and also my nefhew goes out with the old 4x4 90 chevy and trailer with a 52 inch hyro scag on it and mows about 7 to 12 by hisself .
    We were mowing six days a week we went to 5 days when my nefhew came into the biz .
  8. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

Right now I'm doing 15. I did 9 on Wednesday which took me 7.5 hours, and I did 6 on Thursday and those took about 8 hours. So far the mower is working out great.