How many lawns in a radious of?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Feb 10, 2002.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Ok so everyone has there zones, districts whatever. I had 30 lawns in a 2 mile radius. Very dense population. Not a rual area. For eveyone else. In whatever radius you work in or how you break it down what is a good number of lawns to have in block range, mile range or even on one street?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know the actual numbers, but about 85% of my cuttin' biz is within 4 miles.
  3. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I have 40 residential lawns and I can literally hit a golf ball from my front lawn to each customer's house.

Most customer drive past my house every day. Most customers even drop off their payments in person each month.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Dang RB,

your'e in the wrong business. With accuracy like that I would join the PGA.........just kiddin!

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Now that is awesome. Only 1 problem I see with that though. You don't get to put enough biz miles on your truck to make a good tax deduction. haha.;)
  6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Over 200 accounts, 8 mile radius max. Up to 9 at one stop. Almost no "single stops". Most stops are for 2-3 accounts and many w/4-5. Thats the way to make $ in this biz.:D
  7. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

36 in a 6 mile radius
  8. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Mind if I ask if you are doing discounting to the neighbors to drive the additional business in the same area?
  9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't do discounts. We usually start w/ 1 or 2 and then get more as the neighbors like our quaility of work and dependability. I always quote each job as if it were a single stop. That way if it ever become that, I won't really be losing any $.

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

were spread wide-at least 10 miles in each direction.

would like to tighten up, but i won't just drop good customers.