How many lawns per day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AAR Lawn Services, Jul 2, 2007.

1. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything so sorry if this is a repost.

How many lawns per day do you cut? How many in your crew? What is the average lawn size?

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

WE average 14-18 per day and will always have one commercial site to do too. Average size yards are 1/4 acre to 1 acre most have lots of trimming involed and are fenced yards. Each commercial site is from 1-4 acres with hills and lots of sidewalks. We work form 8-4 most of the time. Sometimes a little later but most of the time were done by 3. Its me and 3 other guys.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We take care of around 21M square feet a week.

4. AAR Lawn Services

Holy crap. Are they all big commercial accounts? That'd be like 380 1/4 acre yards a day. How many in your crew?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

3 man crews (2) with another one to help out when necessary. Some commercial, mostly residential ranging from 3 to 12 acre properties. Also in the mix is a 22 acre Christmas tree farm, 2 polo fields at 11 acres each mowed 2 times a week and a 52 acre school district.

But like I said, mostly residential (large estates).

6. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Thurs. and Fri. around 25 to 30 averaged residential lawns. The other days are a mixed lot. Later, Tony

7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

average 60 plus a week solo 7am to 3pm in this sauna of a state , today was a three shirt day :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. AAR Lawn Services

I like to sweat a little. :)

60 solo doesn't sound bad. I'm going to be working with one other. We're hoping to be able to do 100-150 a week. Does this sound reasonable?

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

sure it can be done providing you and the helper have some exp.doing this ,it really depends on if you can work around our afternoon thunderstorms. thats the only thing that screws up my day being solo

10. AAR Lawn Services

Our experience is limited to having occasionally helped two other LCO's we know, but we're here to learn and obviously don't expect to gain that many clients right away. We also wouldnt mind working 5 1/2 or 6 day work weeks if necessary.