How many lawns per full time day

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mjoaaa, May 10, 2004.

1. mjoaaa

mjoaaa LawnSite Member

If I was to have a crew of 2 people doing your average neighborhood lawn for 8 hours a day, how many lawns would you say they should be able to get done.

I recall doing estimates for a fertilizing company and we did 50 lawn estimates and 35 tree and shrub estimates per day. When I did do fert. I did about $1500.00 in total rev per day at an average of $45 per stop giving about 30-33 stops. Any I was by my self.

Do you think 25 lawns for a 2 man crew in one day is to much?

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

We used to leave at 10:30 and get back at 4 and we did 18 a day. That was with 2 48" turf tracers with rider sulkies, 2 man crew. (this was when i was working for someone else, so the 10:30 start time wasnt my choice) But the dumb thing was the owner didnt want us using the riders for some reason so we had to walk it and it slowed us down alot, i guess productivity wasnt his thing.

3. smellthemoney

smellthemoney LawnSite Member

For me, it depends on the size of the lawns that day, drive time, and equipment being used. I could not do 25 in 8 hrs. with the size of lots I cut with a two man crew.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

On a 2 man crew, we could do 20 to 25 a day, depending on the day and motivation. Less important is the volume of customers you do per day, more important is the total $$ you do per day, imo. 20 at $25 is the same as 10 at $50. I try to worry less about volume and more about the revenue the accounts bring in.

5. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

How the hell do you guys get to do 18 - 20 lawns in 1 day?

I only can do 6 - 8 lawns!!!! what equpiment you guys using?

I'm using my 21" commercial honda mower and I bag!

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

There's your answer

7. EnvEdge

EnvEdge LawnSite Member

I think he means fertilizing lawns per day.

8. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I think this question has to many variables for an accurate answer.
    1. size lawn
    2. drive time
    3. equipment size
    4. bagging vs. sd or mulch
    just off of the top of my head.

MTD summed it up.

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Last thursday and friday i did 16 thursday, and 17 friday. This week i did 13 thursday and 9 friday. I got cut short due to rain.

Trevor

My jobs tend to be 55% mowing, and 45% trimmming, so when i get the second guy our time will drop by about 40%.

Trevor

10. lawnbgone

lawnbgone LawnSite Member

My son and I average 8-10 per night ( 4 hours/ night).We have a 48" Bunton with a 2 wheeled sulky. Most of our clients have 1/4
    acre lots. We have some small lots and of course they are done quicker. Hills, trimming, travel time, special needs . We are all in it for the $$$$$$$$$$, but QUALITY SERVICE is hard to price.