How many lawns ..solo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DennisF, Jul 24, 2004.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I'm doing 63 lawns a week solo. Average lawn size is around 12,000 SF. If I don't get a rain day I can do all of them in 4 1/2 days. If I tighten up the route I think I can do them in 4 days flat.

Lets here it from the solo's. How many are you doing and how long are they taking you?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

34 accounts with the average being close to an acre. Takes 4 day or 35 hours... give or take an hour.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

part time....16 lawns in about 12 hours.....from the time i leave the house, to the time i get back

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Solo - 35 acres per week 12 accounts - 12 hrs total - counting windshield time - 40 miles for the route.

5. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Solo 37 lawns from 5k to 65k 3-31/2 days.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

34 lawns, from 3k - 7 acres. Most about 2 acres, 7 days because there's also 5 schools that I do, which I do have help with now, my dad runs my Kubota with a 12' mower behind. The Senior High is 10 hours of mowing, the other 4 schools CAN get done in a day, usually.

5 days / week for the original 34, usually 10-13 hour days, since I do all my owin spraying, bush work, etc.

Now the grass has started to slow a little, I can take a 1/2 day off here and there to play softball.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

your killing yourself man. going 7 days a week 10-13 hours a day? Hire a helper, cut your time in half, and spend a couple thousand on him/her for the rest of summer. ENJOY YOURSELF..

trevor

8. rivablaster701

rivablaster701 LawnSite Member

72 lawns just over 5 eight hour days to complete. The idea is not how many though it is how compact is your route and what you profit. I would rather do 40 yards that average $50. apeice than 80 yards at $25

9. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

In dry weather and no traffic 17 lawns in 6 hours, 1 hour drive time. Wet weather and bagging 17 lawns in 8-10 hours...
    But every now and then I hit some traffic on the days i'm running late. Traffic coming from NYC and Newark is nutz... around 5:30

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I do about 60 a week, takes just a little over 5 days, usually have a couple for sat. morning. I need to tighten my route up for the future, but when you are starting out at first you take what you can get.