How Many Lawns

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KrazyCutz, May 30, 2007.

1. KrazyCutz

KrazyCutz LawnSite Member

Hello I just started a lawn care business with a friend of mine. We have really no experience, but everyone loves our work.
    My question is this about how many lawns should we be getting done in say a 12 hour day?

All our equipment is brand new
    42 rapid height stander
    36 bobcat walk behind with the velke wheels
    2 echo blowers
    1 echo line trimmer
    1 Stihl line trimmer

Now I'm going to say each lawn is about half a acre.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

No one can answer that Q......

You will find that some days you will hit all time records, and then others... blaaaa

lawns are all diffrent sizes and shapes... there even in diffrent locations....

start keeping good records, and you will have your answer very quickly...

But remember, when the little old lady comes out to talk, "because your the only person she has seen in a week" Dont think of it as lost time..... think of it as an envestment.....
  3. KrazyCutz

KrazyCutz LawnSite Member

Today in 6 hours we only did 8 lawns. I would like to hit 25 in a 12 hour period. Our goal is to reach 100 lawns by the end of the season.
    I agree with you about the "old lady". We are very friendly with all our customers, But I really try to avoid the "old lady" during cutting.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I will be needing alot more!!!
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Our best was 19 lawns in 11 hours. 2 guys, 2 mowers, 2 trimmers, 2 blowers. Could probably have done better if it wasn't growing as fast as it was.
  5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Our best was 20 lawns 4.5 hrs 2 guys 1 ztr 1 edger 1 trimmer 1 blower

seems as I always give up at about 5 hours... all lawns are not alike, im sure ours are half the size of most everyone here
  6. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

30 res. takes two of us 15hrs.
  7. johndeeregreen

johndeeregreen LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

I'm with this guy and privatelawn, with residential you will find that you should be getting atleast 1 lawn every 30 minutes, with driving time. Now, thats on a route within one city if your driving all over the damn place then obviously you won't hit that.
  8. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

In 12 hours, I could probably pull off 15 lawns - most sized 1/8 to 1/3 of an acre. Thats working by myself with a 36" walkbehind, trimmer, and cheap-o blower.

But my record is 12 lawns - took approximately 10 hours travel and break time included.
  9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

This is for .5-1 acre btw.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Also try NOT to become like some larger co's and do a crappy job trying to do a ton of them in 1 day,,,,

I'm getting older these days and some days I feel GREAT, other days I just cant seem to get going, This seems play a big part too,