1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how many lbs of seed did you all go through this year??/

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassman177, Oct 18, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I am pretty sure we have gone through about 10,000lbs by the end of our seeding. we still have some to do but are going for dormant seeding later this fall.

how about it, i know some guys will use small amounts, but i remember a thread on here not long ago where one guy was ordering his first round of seed at 90K lbs!!!!!!!(but that is rye for AZ during the winter, ours was only rennovations from summer damages)

2. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

As of today we have used 9,000 lbs of tall fescue. Its been a great seeding year but man has it been tough for existing customers... we have picked up alot but im nervous about losing some.....the yards that arent irrigated are burned up and crabgrass, spurge, and nutsedge has been terrible this year...the dust bowl has been fun..its rained 1/3 inch in 2 months here so its been a challenge to say the least.

This year has shown how poorly designed some of the irrigation systems are. We would have customers call and complain that they had perfect triangles and circles were no seed was coming up. Fire up the heads and theres nothing hitting those areas:dizzy: Im sick of 2010

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

1200 lbs-------------

4. we have gone through a good 65 to 70 pounds.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

really? maybe you didnt do many renovations. like one or two lawns? or are you pulling my leg