How many miles are to many?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Feb 7, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Trucks have terrible brakes. The engines have issues as well when used primarily as a heavy tow vehicle and fuel mileage is in the 8's towing.

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Thats a nice looking truck, and not too many miles on it. I would buy it.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Gas mileage would be no worse than my 6.0

And from what everybody is saying, due to the price difference in diesel and all that it works out to be the same to run a gas truck versus a diesel..

My dad bought 2 new gmc cab and chassis in a 1994. one with a 454 and one with the 6.5. Never had any problems with the 454 other than brakes
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Bates Lawn Care

Bates Lawn Care LawnSite Member

5. Junior M

Where are you located? I paid 3.37 for gas and 3.95 for diesel last night in northeast Columbia.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Bates Lawn Care

I'm in Aiken diesel wasn't but like 25 cents more last time I looked I don't look much.

7. Junior M

I was on 95 going towards North Carolina Thursday I think it was..and had to pay 4.13 for diesel. I might've been getting 18mpg but still, damn..
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bates Lawn Care

ill take the 18-20 in my truck all day over the 14 I was getting with a gas truck. Gas was like 3.50 on hwy 25 today in North Augusta on my way home from work, they didn't have diesel on the board but off road was like 3.60.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

So basically you just want to get a diesel pickup truck? I don't see how keeping the truck you have with a bad motor and getting another pickup will further your business? I have to agree with Impact here.

10. Junior M

I needed a second truck anyways..

Pulled the trigger on a 1995 F350 srw reg cab long bed today.. 4wd with a 7.3 only 137,000. Has power Windows, locks, and mirrors.

Got a heck of a deal..
    Posted via Mobile Device