How many miles are to many?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SunriseGardens

SunriseGardens LawnSite Member

Any pictures?

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

gonna try and pick it up this week and I'll get some pictures.

3. Junior M

Here she is.. rolled over 138,000 on the way home last night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SunriseGardens

SunriseGardens LawnSite Member

Nice and clean, low miles, what does it get for mileage?

I had a 97 F250 with the 7.3 and 5 speed, back before they changed the fuel I would get 18 to 20 highway.

I still like that body style, congrats.

Adam

5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice lookin truck, Hope it serves you well, Congrats

6. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Put that baby to work.

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That's a clean OBS!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice grab. I would be more worried that a older truck doesn't have the correct amount of miles/hours on it for its age. Sitting to long and not running will destory a engine just as fast as to many miles.

Back in that time 6.5's where very misunderstood and almost always misdiagonised. I have a 98 with a 6.5, and its been running strong with 191K on it. Its got its PMD relocation kit, a new balancer 2 years ago, and updated oil lines. Is it a diesel powerhouse, NO!, the 7.3 powerstroke and 5.9 cummins in that time frame where a better power horse engine. But I'm happy with the lack of power to get around 18mpg empty on the freeway, vs my old 5.9 dodge gasser and I was lucky to get 10mpg (plus I was burning more coolent and oil than gas in it by the time I sold it). The other great thing about the 6.5L even though its old, GM has to keep supplying parts stock for it, thanks to they US Military as its a 6.5 powering the last generation of HUMMV's. Surplus engines are extremly cheap.

9. Junior M

The title he had said the odometer read 101,000 when he bought it in 2004 from his brother.. 9 years and only 36,000 miles. I'll do almost that many just this year.
    Posted via Mobile Device