How many mowers NPR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 23, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

For you guys that have Landscape beds on the back of trucks or NPR's How many mowers can you fit on a 16' My bro wants to put (2) 61" and a 48" walk behind on there are any of you able to fit this together or put a Z sideways?

2. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i can get all four mowers on my 16ft. bed. i park a 48 velke and a 36 velke mower side by side. the walker is parked sideways and the other 48 velke is parked sideways on the dovetail.

3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

thats going be a tight fit most ztr mowers are 7-8 feet long... i don't see all the equip fitting on a 16 ft bed

4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Thats what i was trying to tell him, that i think with 2 scag TT and a 48 walkbehind he was needing a 18-19'.

5. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

I've had a few instances where I've put 1 48" Wb and 2 52"s on a NPR, but realisticly you probably don't need that many mowers on a day to day basis on the truck unless you're running a crew cab NPR. Regular cab NPR's can hold 4 small amigos and that's not enough people for 3 mowers to be running on a property. I've always believed 2 mowers is all that's needed for one crew. If you need more than 2 mowers to do a job; bring 2 crews.

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had a Turf Tiger 61 and a Tiger Cub 48 on a 16ft NPR and it was tight. I think we had the Turf Tiger on first and then the Cub behind it. We had enough room for our walk behind blower and two push mower beside them. You might we able to fit two 61's and a walkbehind if you put the Turf Tigers side ways and the walkbehind on the the dovetail. I would try and get a larger bed either an 18ft or 20ft.