How many mowers on a 16ft trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seacoastlandscape, Feb 12, 2008.

1. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

Moving up from a 12 footer and don't know if a 16 can fit everything. Will a 48 WB, 48 tiger cub and 61 turf tiger fit? maybe with throwing the walk behind sideways up front. Really dont wana move to an 18ft trailer due to some tight streets around some of the accounts. Thanks

2. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

If it will it will be tight. You better test it out before buying.

3. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

I dont think it will, i have a 16' trailer i can get a sentar, bobcat and a 21" sideways thats it, now both big mowers are longways cant get them sideways.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

our grass crew runs a 16' and they put 2 60'' ztrs and 1 48'' w/b

5. Hunter73

Hunter73 LawnSite Member

Can't you just measure your equipment to see if it will fit?

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Your answer lies within...

tapemeasure.jpg

7. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

:laugh:

Yes, this is the best advice.

8. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a tight fit though? I want to know because i am in the market for a new trailer. I only have one exmark, but i was planning on getting another one (prob a 60 or a 56 inch deck) and a small walk behind for back yards with small gates for next season (not this upcoming season). But i was wondering because i was thinking about getting a 18 footer or a 20 enclosed this upcoming season (i know its to big for 1 48 inch exmark) but i dont want to sell it and loose money on it. So id perfer to get it right the first time.

9. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I obviously can measure all the equipment but right now its snowing and not near me, just a simple question because I figured many people would have experience with this and know the answer off the top of there head. Everything fits differently when actually loading things up.

10. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

This could be so close to each other that they rub and bump into each other, things get broken if too close together on bumpy roads.