How Many Mowings A Year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got a call from a very large account wanting me to submit a yearly bid! shrubs ,mowing, edging, etc. My question is for the yearly contract guys out there. i have just the usual residential mowing accounts for the summer and dont sign any contracts. how many weeks of mowing do you bid? 20,25,30??? your help would be appreciated

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

29 or less on contract, will you be doing snow, on pay per cut sometimes 40.

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

No i will not be doing any snow

4. landscaper5664

landscaper5664 LawnSite Member

Well, you know the end result they're expecting is that it always looks good. I'd do my best to figure out on a month by month basis how many you think it'll need to look presentable. I figure between 33-38, but we have a longer growing season down in my neck of the woods (and bahia grows like wildfire). Some turf types look better longer, others need a lot of attention. What kind of turf is down?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And keep in mind you will have to deal with leaves if it has trees so may need more visits(as TG calls them). Usually the bid package should include that info so if you are bidding against somebody everybody is on the same base.