How many new Clients do you get per week?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kortas, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

I'm curious to know how I'm doing. I'm not really sure how high or low my expectations should be.

Started in November, and I currently have 59 clients. I am now adding 1 per day on average this month and almost 2 per day over the past week. I really hit advertising heavier though.

How many bids do you normally do per day or week?

And how many of those clients do you normally get?

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, to mee that seems like a great rate. What kind of advertising did you do this season, if you don't mind me asking?

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Your doing very well. Are you charging correctly? Landscapers in high demand in your area?

What methods are you using for advertising?

You'll be a millionare in no time at that rate.

4. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

I get an average of about $80 per visit. This is full service of course and the average lot size is only 7000-8000 sq. ft. here in Phoenix (then take away 2000 square feet for the house). It takes us about 45 minutes per yard with a 3 man crew on full-service.

I tend to think landscaping is in demand here, not my prices, as a lot of people tell me I'm high but they'll take it for good/professional service. We also just passed very strict illegal immigration laws here that took effect January 1st that I think has something to do with it also.

I raised my rates about 3 weeks ago and noticed nobody was signing up so I lowered them back down. Although I'm still $10 higher than I was when I started back in October/November. I think I'll try a modest $2-$3 hike shortly.

I do all on-line advertising and direct everything to our website. I'm thinking that a really nice professional website is helping also.

It's good to know I'm doing ok. Thank you for the input as I'm not really sure what to base my accomplishments/failures on as of yet.

How many bids per week/day do you guys do?

5. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

As of today 69 clients. I even raised my prices!!

I'm now starting a 2nd crew also to handle the initial clean-ups that need to be done.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You are blessed Kortas...
    Here in MN, adding customers like one every other week, due to winter still being in full force.
    No one thinks about their turf around here until they can see enough of it showing through snow banks.

7. 1080p

1080p LawnSite Member

Here ya on that DA
    My end of the biz is going slow, not to many LCO's around that want to sub out their fert
    With speaking with numerous people and companies it is amazing that with all the increases in cost to do business, prices for services are frozen or even dropping.

8. Kortas

Kortas LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

Yes, the name of the company is ALL YEAR Landscaping. I guess that name wouldn't work up north .......