1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many new customers already??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jan 17, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Curious on how everybody will be doing for the 2003 season. How many customers have you picked up already since last year for the upcoming season?
  2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

No new ones yet. In mid Feb. I'll start looking... Good Luck!:blob2:
  3. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

Usually don't start looking until late feb.
  4. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

not one! all new snow removal customers
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here, most residentials don't think about their lawn until late February at the earliest.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Zero. Would be surprised if anyone contacted us this early for maintenance.
  7. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Usually don't start bidding on stratas etc until mid Feb. Residentials start calling around late March to set up new regular lawn mowing contracts. Got a new contract for this year mowing some boulevards in a very high class new developement. Should add at least $1500 /mo to our gross earnings.:D
  8. tiedeman

from earth

really!? I must be the only one then. I usually do potential customer mailings at the end of December and then I do follow up phone calls usually the first part of January all the way through the year. I already have 8 new customers for this upcoming season. But I think that the lack of snow on the ground this year has helped me though too.
  9. tiedeman

from earth

I forgot to explain my reason that I do it....the reason that I do it so early is because they still have their current LCO in mind. By doing it early they can remember the faults more with them and so they will be more likley to switch lawn care companies. Because if you let them wait until later they will forget the faults of their past LCO's.
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We always pick up a few every month of the year. I think we've picked up 2 so far. But then, with as many accounts as we have there's always someone who just sold their house or for whatever reason has to cancel service. So all and all I think we've added about as many as we've lost this winter.