1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how many new install do you average per year

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jeff_0, Aug 17, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i wanted to find out how many new install you guys are averaging per year?
    And how big are your irrigation crews?
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

None. 100% service and repair.
  3. 2 per week for 10 months...

1 - 2 per week for the other two months

2-3 men on install crew......1 being foreman who lays out system, installs timer/backflow....1 being semi-foreman'ish.....helps lay out system...installs manifolds (s)....one being labor
  4. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

Average about 3 installs a week during the production season (March to approx. November). Other two days is mostly spent on renovations and sprinkler repairs. Have 3 members on the install crew and 1 to 2 full time sprinkler techs.
  5. Maybe you know one of my techs...he moved from Omaha short time ago.....don't know the name of his old business there....his name is Ken Wells Great guy and great employee......
  6. JeffY

Hahaha...funny you should mention Ken Wells. The company I work for bought out his company, Heartland Irrigation. He sure had a lot of clients I can say that. I never met the guy, but all the clients say they liked him.
  7. Judging by his honesty and integrity....I don't doubt he had a pretty good company....but why is it funny?
  8. JeffY

I meant the hahah as more of a chuckle. Sorry about the confusion. I really enjoy working for his former clients.
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We don't get them every week. But we try to. In 2002, we did probably 3 irrigation installs. However, in 2003 we've done 20+. I expect we'll continue to grow a lot in this area in coming years.
  10. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

We Did 89 Residential systems this year., with around 20 being in the 1.5 to 2 acre range.
    We have a 4 man install crew and usually add a few more when school is out in the summer