how many new LCO's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 20, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

How many new LCO's have you seen that started up in your area this past year?
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i saw alot of new guys. but i'm not sure if they just bought lettered trucks for the first time, or they are new to the biz. i was around almost 3 years before i had a lettered truck, many thought i was new.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have seen 3 new ones this year. One of them had a lot of Z's on his trailer.
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

pro's 2-3
    lowe's mowers on a rickety trailer behind a station wagon 10 or so.
    i generally don't worry as 75% of the pro's will be out of business in 3 years.
    the bubba's are mowing the yards that the people won't pay more than $10.00.
    so they are filling a market need.
  5. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

I have seen 10 -15 new lawn care people. Every other truck I see has a trailer on it with mowers.
  6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I've noticed about 10 new LCO's this year, but I know of at least that many that are calling it quits after this year. Low prices are taking a toll on a lot of legit LCO's. A lot of good guys won't be back next season and it will sure hurt the business in my area.
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know, because I am pretty new. I usually don't pat that much attention to the other LCOs. I try my best to keep my customers happy and don't pay much attention to what others are doing. But, I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

good attitude
    happy customers = more business
  9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Geeze, too many to count. See how many are around next year though, and how many new faces too. Saw a guy today with a wodden trailer and ATV tires on it. Man oh man. ;)
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Some days I wish I had a rooket launcher. Just blow up the whole operation.

Every redneck with a pick up near me has a snow plow, trailer and ZTR. None legit. I love it when they say $40 on the same job I am getting $75.