how many of u hate spring clean-ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cturner, Apr 4, 2003.

1. cturner

cturner LawnSite Member

how many of u hate spring clean-ups just making sure i'm not the only one i like being out in the summer sun cutting not the damp cold raking and blowing

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I love them....who wouldn't at $75-$150 a man hour??

3. cturner

cturner LawnSite Member

maybe thats what it is i did three this week and it's the first time doing them and i under bid them like crazy well we all had to learn some how

4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Iam with walker on that on i charge more for spring and fall clean-ups like $75-100

Jason

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I hate doing spring cleanups all the way to the bank! They are great moneymakers.

Gravely_Man

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I look at Spring Cleanups as a reintroduction to the real work a day world, it is welcome after a long winter of relative inactivity.
    Not to mention that the bank account can use a break after all of the minus transactions for the past few months.. Now If I could only controll Mother Nature - after a couple of false starts last week we are now back into the grip of Winter, The yard and accounts have white stuff covering them and it was 20° the last time I looked..
    BobR

7. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Just got in from plowing 7"
    I am looking forward to Spring cleanups.
    This winter has been VERY Good to me
    BUT ENOUGH ALREADY !!:p

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I hate them also, actually though once I get going on them its not bad. Good $ :)

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

:dizzy: yeah i hate clean ups too, terrible having to count all that money.:blob2:

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine are not as bad as Fall clean-ups. They are great money makers and are a good way to have contact with the customer to discuss other potential landscaping projects.