1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how many of u hate spring clean-ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cturner, Apr 4, 2003.

1. cturner

cturner LawnSite Member

u hit the nail on the head bruce i like it to be orderly

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate em' ??? You a bunch of money for a little amount of work, if anything don't hate the spring clean ups, hate the fall clean ups. You still make a bunch of money but its so dry out and and its messier....:cool:

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate them!! Wouldn't be so bad, but they all come at the same time and need to be done now. Next year am not taking any clean ups after Feb 15 or so. Not unless they are willing to pay way too much.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I love them :blob4: :angel:

Pick up larger sticks and limbs and trash. Mow once discharging with OCDC open if debris is thick, then once with OCDC closed. Third pass either discharge with OCDC open or put on bagger and suck up dust. If the debris isn't too thick, mow with OCDC closed first time then again with it open. Go over thicker areas a third time if needed or put on bagger and go over it again. This way you won't have to haul much debris away and don't have to constantly stop to empty the catcher. Oh I use a 6 cu. ft. catcher that dumps on the mower (don't have to lift much weight to empty).

mar20101.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

The methods I listed are just with single high lifts. I expect the results would be much better with gators, doubles, etc. For those of you not in the know, an OCDC is Operator Controlled Discharge Chute shown here. Can open and close with a control at the operator's position for on the go mulch or discharging.

mar27132.jpg

6. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

Hate is too weak

7. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Ya well after working in shorts and a t shirt last week its snowing suposed to get abought a foot!

snow1.gif

8. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

more

snow2.jpg

9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

sbvfd,
    Just wondering....

Were you drinking or being tackled at the time you took the picture looking out the window at the snow? :)

Maybe you're an artist and I didn't appreciate the beauty in looking at things 30 degrees off-balance. <G>

Or does that tree really grow at that steep of an angle? :)

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

BHB, I know when I run doubles I get alot more blow out, this is when I'm doing cleanups=leaves