1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you are in the reserves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BareFootLawn, Jul 3, 2004.

1. BareFootLawn

BareFootLawn LawnSite Member

I am currently in the USAR (Army Reserve) as an ROTC Instructor in the 84th Training Division, 8th Brigade.
    Are there any other reserve members out there?
    Is this affecting your business this year?
    Anyone you know from this forum that's currently deployed?
  2. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

I am in the USAR. I am a medic and that is how we came up with the name LawnMedics. Most of my buddies are deployed. I have made arrangements if I am. Most of my unit has been deployed though. I have heard of a lot of guys losing their lawn service because of being deployed. Good Luck! Happy 4th to everyone.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not anymore, unless I end up recalled. I would lose pretty much everything I worked for at this point if I got recalled.
  4. phenomenomm

phenomenomm LawnSite Member
    from Ok

I am in the guard, and wondering what you do with your customers for the 2 weeks of A.T. ?
  5. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

I am to interested in finding out how many people on here are in the reserves and running a lawn business at the same time. Explain how you are working around your reserve schedule. I am thinking about going into the army reserves, but I also want to keep my business going. Thanks
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I got out in 1999 and am still on the stop loss list. No word yet but I doubt they'll call. (USAF-13yrs-SMsgt)
  7. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

I got out of the usaf in 99 and i was on the stop loss list at the time but they let me out anyway... I thought that once you served your 4 active and 4 inactive then you were done and couldn't be recalled. Am I wrong?... Can I still be recalled?
  8. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the Georgia Air Guard at a bombing range. This is the first time in my 10 year career I have been in a "non-deployable" unit and status. We are a training unit for air to ground and air to air combat. I'm just a pore ole heavy equipment operator E-5 SSgt. I came out of a F/A unit active duty from Ft.Bragg to the reserves. As all of you know status's change like the turning of the day. We in this unit have an idea that they will convert us to a deployable unit pretty soon or we might loose accreditation. If so as with the majority of you I would pretty much have to give up my business until I returned. I take this chance/opportunity freely and knowing the consequences of being in the reserves. I still choose to remain in.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

If you were near me, I could tell you, you could count on them getting done while you were gone. :drinkup: