How many of you are irked when resi customers are HOME?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jun 17, 2014.

1. turn3

turn3 LawnSite Member

I've had customers time me then call our office to complain that I wasn't there long enough to do a good job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up a new lawn mowing account. She's going to be one of those people.pointing out something just because.I tried different times but she's always home

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I do the same thing. And YES it does cut way down on the nit picking.

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

My biggest annoyance is the neighbor who stops me to ask for advice, usually either someone who does the lawn themself or has another company. A customers neighbor stopped me yesterday, I turned off the mower.. We talked about how to get his bermuda to fill back in over the summer quicker, and he mentioned how his yard doesn't look as good as his neighbors lawn. But oh.. he won't cancel trubrown because he pre-paid.. lol. I should have just told him to call and ask them for advice. This happens about once a week, and its annoying because i need more customers, not in biz to help trugreen customers fix their lawns. But what else can you do. I guess i know i'm bad at sales when i couldn't convert that guy to a customer.

5. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats funny, when i sense they are wasting my time i recommend they try trugreen
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah people wanting free advice then doing their own thing is NOT cool in my book.

Try getting a lawyer to offer you free advice. I need to crack down on that crap.