How many of you are LLC's And...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Petr51488, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey, how many of you out there are LLC's? My question to you is.. do you put LLC after your business names on a trailer, business cards and on t-shirts? To me, it says, sue me, i am a limited liability company. I got nothing to lose.. I was thinking of keeping out the LLC on the shirts and trailer, but include it on the business cards. Any thoughts?

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am not sure about other areas of the world, but my understanding of LLC in the name is that it has to be on everything. Unless, you have a "doing business as". Kind of like aka. If you are not registered to use other names I believe that you would have to use it. With that said, people can sue you no matter what. If anything the LLC would deter people from trying to sue you. If the llc is formed properly it will help to shield your personal assets. Even if they try to sue you they are still going to have to prove that you are liable for something. Bottom line if someone plans on suing you they are going to whether you are sole proprietor, llc, or inc. JMO. I would investigate that further. When we formed our llc our attorney told us that we had to use the full name.

3. Aadman

Aadman LawnSite Member
    from VA

I'm an LLC...I don't have LLC on my shirts but I have it everywhere else....Letterhead, signs, flyers, vehicles, magnets...

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

LLC on everything here also.

5. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

Yeah we have it on everything here except the trucks because we just got the LLC but it will be on there.

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I opted not to put LLC on my stuff. I agree with what you said Petr51488, just doesn't look right to me. I filed a DBA and dropped the LLC.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I opted for LTD. instead....I liked how it looks better than LLC...

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have LLC on everything that I can think of.

9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Isnt LLC a form of corporation? Lots of extra paperwork and headache? Im in the middle of thinking where to INC or LLC the company. One of my sales employees is trying to push me into INC...he thinks he will instantly become a share holder.

10. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, and Yes. By Fed law you have to have some form of designation of a limited liability on your advertisments and plaqards.

That includes signs, cards, vehicles, shirts, hats, etc.

Tim