how many of you break cdl laws.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by deerewashed, Aug 1, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

With that being said, he didn't become our shittiest president ever without the help from the American voters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cgaengineer

I could have had a big ole cheeseburger in my hand...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I agree. Really irritated me when he said that.

4. AWJ Services

from Ga

Any Commercial driver cannot have a cellphone in his hand while driving. Want constitutes you as a commercial driver needing a health card and numbers is where it gets fuzzy. If your truck is over 10K GVWR it is a commercial vehicle. Under a 10k GVWR then who knows.

5. cgaengineer

According to this guy anything under 10k was good to go in my state.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

Well had a friend get pulled over in his F150 pulling a little trailer with a Murray rider on it. The DOT officer asked him where he was going. He said to cut a few yards. The officer asked if he was getting paid? He yes for some extra money. Said he he had to have the truck numbered and health card.

Like was said before it is really up to the discrettion of the officer.

7. cgaengineer

He did say the laws were confusing but assured me that even in commercial use pulling a trailer, skid sprayer with chemicals I was ok. I asked because that specific vehicle was gou g to have to deliver proper registration for the truck I was in when I got flagged down yesterday.

I do know that cops don't know all the laws though...especially gun laws. Speaking of which, I hear it's illegal to have a gun in commercial vehicle over 10k.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

For Police officers to pull you over for DOT inspections they do have to have an additional certifacate that insures they have had the proper training. I heard Dekalb county recently lost there cert. They where at one time the worst for pulling everyone over.

9. cgaengineer

Duluth used to be bad too...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

When I talked to the Texas DOT and DPS, they told me that my combo was fine as under CDL (I'm at 26k GCWR exactly with one setup). I asked if there was anything else and they said no. I guess I will have to get a med card and DOT numbers here too since that's a fed regulation?