How many of you cut more often than 7 days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnranger44, May 3, 2005.

?

Do you ever cut more than once a week?

1. I never cut more than once every 7 days.

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. I cut more than once every 7 days during fast growing periods.

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. The grass here grows an inch a day year round! I ALWAYS cut more than once every 7 days!

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

It seems like everyone on here cuts weekly all the time. We tend to vary the frequency of mowing depending on the time of year. We really need to cut about every 5 days in April/May and usually settle into a weekly schedule in the summer. Am I just getting the wrong impression from everybody?

Also, how do you explain this to customers? We usually have them sign contracts, but I was just wondering how you all do it?

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I run the same pattern as you heavy in the spring and taper off in the summer. This is the first spring I can remember that it is so dry that grass stopped growing.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Most of my lawns are so trimmer intensive that I can't stand to do them more than once a week. I do have one (about 3,000 sq ft.) that I just run over on Monday for $15 and then do the whole service on Friday for another $35.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have quite a few in May and June on a 5 day mowing rotation.

5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I have three that I cut twice a week, complete package (mow, trim, edge and blow).

6. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

when we used to sub mowing from chemlawn we would put them on a 5 day rotation because of all the growth, but now we treat all our own accounts and no longer need to do it, we control the nitrgen thus we control the growth

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 7 that get mowed every 4 days until june then they go to every 6 days all summer. they mess up the route but the money is good tic for tac

8. Simply Green L&L

Simply Green L&L LawnSite Member

Out of the 30+ accounts that we service, 10 have to be done every 5 days in the spring. In the summer they slow to a once a week cut. A couple business accounts with sprinkler systems are done around every 5 days all season. I "try" to get my customers to understand that how often we cut will depend on the season and the weather.