How many of you guarrantee..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering how many of you guys guarrantee weed free lawns, if the customer pays for a 6 or more step program? I've been talking to a guy that's really knowledgeable in my town about it, and he thinks it's plausable. Just wondering how many of you do it.

Vic

2. How can you gaurentee, when their are so many factors you don't control!
    I would think this would leave to overly applying pesticides!

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Tail light gurantee

When you can no longer see my tail lights, you no longer have a gurantee LOL

MAc

4. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

You guys got to be kidding! There is a company here in OK that is called Grassroots. They guarantee that five steps are all that your lawn will need, or they come back, and do anymore for free. They are very hard competition. Not saying I agree, just what we have to deal with here. Tony

5. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I only guarantee that the app(s) were done properly and within the limits of the label. The manufacturers do not give a guarantee on their products so how can I and yes there are way too many variables. See-"your results may vary"

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I gaurantee a weed free lawn. However, my clients give me control of irrigation, mowing height, etc. so I rarely have to worry about a weed here or there. If one appears, I spot spray.

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can't go back and spot spray for a customer who complains, you deserve to get squashed by your competitor who will. Problem clients can be educated or dropped.

8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO you can guarantee weed free. Especially if you are doing the mowing also, either way not a big deal to go back and spot spray. I'm not sure how else you can sell a weed program especially a pre-m unless you are going to stand behind your work.

9. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I don't know if it is possible to have an absolutley weed free lawn, but I have a few that are pretty close. I tell all of my customers from the start, I do not guarentee a weed free lawn and that if they find someone who can, I want to meet them.Because I sure they could teach me a thing or two.
    What all of my customers do know is that I am just a phone call away if they have any problems or questions.

10. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Only if I can use methyl bromide.