How many of you guys/gals do Fall Cleanup the old Fashioned way?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 2, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My business is still young, and I haven't invested in any sort of lawn vacuum or fancy toy that helps with fall cleanup. Im many of you guys/gals just use a blower, rake, and tarp? I will, however be upgrading to the new Shindaiwa backpack--cause Ive heard great things about it. Anyway...just curious.
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I do... works great for me and no equipment costs besides gas for my echo blowers so its a big money maker .. or I just mulch them with my quick 36 hopefully this year... I often use my mower and mow in a square pushing them to the middle .. then tarp and drag them to woods road or the back of my truck.
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

blow and mulch is how i do it.
  4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

On all my properties it would be rough to do a cleanup with out a truckloader.
  5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

:clapping: :clapping: Me I hire two friends if it needs to be bagged though. Plus I have 2 BR-600s
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I read a good review on the Shindaiwa EB8510RT BP blower...any of you own one? Good...bad?? Or should I get a Redmax EBZ8000? Its good to know Im not the only one that blows and mulches.
  7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well all my lawns have a good amount of leaves, or to much leaves. all my lawns are good size so i will use a truck loader and bag it with the tractor and then make a pile while my dad sucks the leaves in the truck while my brother mulches with the w/b.
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I use 2 echo 751 backpacks 2 little wonder push blowers 8hp and 13 hp. And right now I have a deposit down on a 22 hp little wonder truck loader. The company I worked for before going out on my own had 2 dixie choppers with blowers mounted where the deck goes. It was cool, sit on your butt all day blowing leaves.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

that 22hp unit? is that the new one with the hard plastic chute at the top? saw one at my dealer, they look AWSOME, ide love one.
  10. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on mulching leaves, but I'm not sure yet. I guess it depends upon what the customer wants.